Is it possible to identify when the cursor is within a group?

Howard Bornstein bornstein at designeq.com
Thu Jul 15 15:40:13 EDT 2004

I create groups on the fly. I want to be able to tell when the cursor
is within one of them (so the user can move the whole group). It seems
that a group only knows the mouse is within it if the mouse is over one
of the *objects* in the group. If I turn on the group border, I'd like
to know that the mouse is within the groups border whether it's over an
object in the group or not.

I know I can test to see if the mouse is within the rect of the group,
but this only works if I already know the group's name. What I'd like
to be able to do is move the cursor over any part of the group
(anywhere within the group's rectangle) and be able to identify the
name of the group.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Regards,

Howard Bornstein