Menu Builder is causing big problems in my stack!

Stephen McNutt stephenmcnutt at mac.com
Thu Jul 15 14:20:39 EDT 2004

Has anyone else experienced infuriating, buggy behavior with the menu
builder?  I read a post by François Cuneo that describes part of the
problem.  The menubar I make (I'm developing in OSX) is improperly
shown as having Paste as the first item in the application menu, File
is empty, and Help contains Copy, I think.  What I made, using menu
builder, should've had only Quit in the File menu (which would be moved
to the application folder for OSX builds) and only Cut, Copy, and Paste
in the Edit menu.

Also, the feature that shortens the stack to hide the menubar in OSX is
driving me nuts, running amuck and resizing the stack willy nilly.  One
time it chopped off 22 pixels each time I opened the stack, making for
a nice disappearing stack.  Grrrrrrrr!

The script generated by menu builder seems correct, but problems
persist even after I remove the menubars from the stack.  Does anyone
know where to find the script that's really doing this stuff so I can
fix it?  Does anyone have any other answers or suggestions?

Thanks,
Steve McNutt