MySQL help

Larry Koscianski larry at mcss-nc.com
Wed Jul 14 22:46:27 EDT 2004

I new to Revolution.   Used to work with HyperCard, many many years ago.
Lost most of it.

I have a MySQL database running @ the office.
I'm writing a Revolution screen to display one record.
I can display a table - no problem.

I want to enter a part#, press the button, and have the results of the
SQL Query fill my card fields.
I'm building my SQL Query then executing it in the revQuerydatabase
command.  like this;

on mouseup
   put ("Select * from parts where partnumber='" & field
searchpartnumber & "'") into card field "sqlquery"
   get revQueryDatabase (mcss, field "sqlquery",field "partnumber",field
"description",field "labor",field "exchangeprice",field "stockprice")
end mouseup

Can you help????

Thanks
------------------
Larry Koscianski
MicroComputer Support Services
Greenville, North Carolina
on the web @ <http://mcss-nc.com>
billing phone/fax  252-752-0603
store phone  252-353-2808
store fax 252-353-2909
Eastern North Carolina's #1 Apple Authorized Service Provider

Check out our Macintosh training classes & Mac Adoption section.
<http://mcss-nc.com>