Setting and getting database controls on field

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 15 02:15:52 EDT 2004

--- Bill <bill at bluewatermaritime.com> wrote:

> Using the database query builder you can make a
> query that you select in the
> property of the field - you can say what column and
> you can choose "update
> after editing" etc. I would like to get those
> properties like this:
>
> On mouseup
>   Get database properties of fld "foo"
> End mouseup
>
> I would also like to be able to set them with a
> transcript command
>
> On mouseup
>   Set query of fld "foo" to connect
>   Set database column selected of fld "foo" to
> "first_name"
>   Set "update after editing" of fld "foo" to true
> End mouseup

Hi Bill,

There are two types of information : in the query
itself and in the controls linked to a query.
For more information on query properties see this
post:
<http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2003-December/026932.html>

Here's a quick (incomplete) list of the information
stored inside the individual linked controls :
- the cREVGeneral["database"] property is true if a
control is linked to a database
- the cREVDatabase["queryobject"] property contains
the name of the query it is linked to
- the cREVDatabase["linkcolumn"] property contains the
column(s) of the query it is linked to
- the cREVDatabase["updateafterediting"] property is
true if the database needs updated after editing
- the cREVDatabase["saveoptions"] property determines
what data will be saved to the database and how the
data coming from the database is interpreted ; but its
contents vary with the control type so let me know if
you need more info on these.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====