Setting explicitVariables

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Jul 14 22:17:39 EDT 2004

Basically here's what's going on... the next version of Rev will not run
properly with explicitVariables turned on (just like it does now). HOWEVER,
there is a special "Variable Checking" mode that you can put the Script
Editor in so that it will check your scripts as if it had explicitvars on
(so you can catch all your scripting boo-boos), but does not put the entire
Rev IDE under explicitVariables.

So basically, turning on explicitVariables yourself will cause the IDE (both
this and the next versions) to have problems. RunRev has promised to get the
IDE "explicitVars-clean", but it may take another version before that has
been done.

Anyway, that's MY understanding of the situation...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/