RevNet installation

Alena Raymond araymond at arcplanning.com
Wed Jul 14 19:14:07 EDT 2004

On Jul 14, 2004, at 4:10 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Alena Raymond wrote:
>
>> I have downloaded Go_RevNet from http://www.fourthworld.com/rev/
>>
>> I need to set up an Standalone Application to work remotely from the
>> Linux Server.
>> Application consist from main Stack and bunch of Sub-stacks. Each
>> Sub-stack consists of multiple cards.
>>
>> What is necessary to install on Server and how do I plug it in?
>> How do I set up path to it?
>
> RevNet and what you need sound like two very different things.
>
> RevNet is a collection of resources from around the Internet of
> interest to Transcript programmers, presented in a downloaded stack
> similiar in appearance and behavior to AOL.
>
> As with any other plugin, installing GoRevNet simply means copying it
> into the "Plugins" folder inside of your Revolution program folder.
>
> However, if you're using Revolution 2.0 or later RevNet is
> pre-installed -- just look in the Plugins menu for "GoRevNet".
>
> It sounds like what you're looking for is a sort of client-server
> solution, no? Please tell us a bit more about what you're building and
> hopefully one of us can guide you to a good solution.
>
> --
>  Richard Gaskin
>  Fourth World Media Corporation

You are so right I am looking for client-server support.

I need to make Standalone Application already developed available to
special clients.

Now this special Standalone Application Is been Developed for the last
two years so there is quite some work developed in it.  I am hoping
that it is possible to make it Client available with just a few minor
changes.
Am I in denial? Is there a hope?

First idea was to make Revolution Standalone Application into Web Based
Application.
I have learned it not possible to make it like Java Application running
in the browser.
Second option was to make it remote controlled from the server (using
RevNet) Available to special clients using some kind of small
standalone that does nothing but open stacks stored on the server.
I was wrong on that one!

Is there any solution to my problem?
If I am not clear enough please let me know.

Thanks!

Alena C. Raymond

araymond at arcplanning.com
Computer Programmer 3