Memory management problem?

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Wed Jul 14 13:30:29 EDT 2004

>It seems as if
>there is a file pointer problem or a cached copy of the file lingered in the
>system even after the user gets out of Revolution and comes back in.

Hi Linda (via Devin),

I believe what you are seeing is the Application Browser's failure to
update its window following changes to a card.

Here's an easy test I just tried (v2.1.2):

* Select the currently-open card in the AB.
* Create a new field on the card
* Check the AB--the new field is not shown
* In the AB, click on the stack triangle to close the card detail
* Click again to display cards, and select the card again--the field is listed

Your changes are happening; but the AB doesn't automatically update
its window to reflect it.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company