Memory management problem?

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Wed Jul 14 12:43:28 EDT 2004

One of the Rev developers I support here had an issue I didn't know how
to answer, so I'm passing it on in hopes someone has encountered it:

<quote>
DELL Computer XP
Revolution ver. 2.12

Problem Descriptions:

Memory mgmt problem: highlight a newly created card to delete in the
Application Brower with the card showing on screen, somehow deleted the
card
above it.  So, I did not save the rev file because I've made a lot of
changes on the card advertently deleted and got out of Revolution.

When I went back in and found the file show the card deleted already.
So,
went to get the old file saved on another computer and brought it in to
overwrite the most recent file.  Yet, Revolution still shows an "image"
of
the latest, i.e. with the timestamp of the old file.  I checked several
times of the odd situation. After rebooting the computer, the Revolution
then works properly in pointing to the correct "image".  It seems as if
there is a file pointer problem or a cached copy of the file lingered
in the
system even after the user gets out of Revolution and comes back in.

Thanks Devin for all you do for us.

Linda

Linda Chang
Assistant Professor