strange clone behaviour: bug?

Wouter wouter.abraham at pi.be
Tue Jul 13 13:54:49 EDT 2004

On 13 Jul 2004, at 18:00, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com wrote:

> Message: 7
> Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 17:34:42 +0200
> From: andreas <andreas at medone.ch>
> Subject: Re: strange clone behaviour: bug?
> To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>
> Hi Walter
>
> thanks for your assistance!
> I can reproduce the error,  this seems like a bug.
>
> you can't use "clone" to clone a card, if the card has grouped objects
> on it
> (for example, some grouped fields) and you use
> a loop to make several clones.
> If you haven't grouped objects on the card to clone, "clone" works
> fine!

After how many cards do you crash?
This is indeed very weird, because I seem not to have any trouble
cloning cards with groups of fields and buttons on them.
For example cloning 100 cards of the "revDocsLanguageReference" and 150
cards of the "metatalk reference" stack to another stack poses no
problem whatsoever. Only in rev it takes much longer (forever :-) than
in metacard.

If you have time, try your handler on  the  "revDocsLanguageReference"
stack and see if it crashes.
If it crashes on 100 cards there could be some offending code or I
didn't clone enough cards to reach the bug :^)

Greetings,
Wouter