Arrays in Rev (long)

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 13 11:16:00 EDT 2004

on 7/12/04 7:53 PM, Troy Rollins at troy at rpsystems.net wrote:

> Good lord, am I going to have to write or adapt one of the custom
> solutions like the other guys have, just in order to get variables that
> have power like I am used to? I think I'd rather just continue my huge
> unlearning process and find some solution which is the way Rev WANTS to
> work. Whatever that is.
>
> Perhaps it is time to bone up on chunking techniques, arrays, and
> multi-line data in arrays?

I was just showing you an example of pull-parsing MTML in order to show that
it works. I never use it for anything but to populate an array as a global
var or to at the end take what's in that global array and store it in a
single text document as structured. The array works faster than the offset()
function for building the array. I considered Richard's method of storing my
information in stacks but ruled it out for my own needs because of something
I was doing with encryption. I can base64 a single MTML text document while
compressing it during save. This worked best for me. I needed a fast save
process.

Mark