Arrays in Rev (long)

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Tue Jul 13 10:04:15 EDT 2004

>Globals and script locals have the fastest access. Custom props are
>pretty fast, but still slower than variables. Stack-based data
>stored in a separate stack is slower yet

>it seems like there is a choice between power, speed, and pathing
>elegance being made here, and for the nature of many of my
>applications, I need all three.

Jacque, Troy, et al:

Stack-based storage will be slower than variable access; but perhaps
it makes up for this in power & elegance.

I have not done timing tests to the millisecond, but using a timer I
find the SDB can select & retrieve one record out of a 43,043-record
database by key value in < one second on a G4 iMac.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company