purging a stack: the third way has been found

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Mon Jul 12 23:12:46 EDT 2004

> There is a preference in Rev, under the "Files and Memory" section,
> which allows you to have a stack purged when the last stack in its
> file is closed.
>
> This preference reflects the engine's behavior by default (no such
> behavior naturally occurs unless the destroyStack is true or a script
> under your own control comes into play), but apparently those few who
> have reported issues have turned that preference on.
Guilty as charged - I was messing around trying different settings of
those preferences at one time and it was undoubtedly when I reported
problems to Richard.

> This raises a question:
>
>   Should a plugin be treated like one of the user's work stacks,
>   or like an extension to the IDE
>   enjoying the same exceptions as IDE stacks do?
Like part of the IDE, I reckon.
Is it true that stacks starting with rev are already treated this way?
I know it's not considered correct behavior, but I like to call my
plugins "revXXXX" so that they aren't cluttering up the Application
Browser. If this gets around the problem, then that is enough for my
purposes.

Sarah