move textbox

Bob Hartley bob at armbase.com
Mon Jul 12 15:31:35 EDT 2004

At 11:36 12/07/2004 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi Sims,

Hi Sims and Ken

>On Jul 12, 2004, at 4:02 AM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com wrote:
>
>>How about:
>>on mouseDown
>>    if the controlKey is down then
>>      grab me
>>      end if
>>end mouseDown
>===========
>Say, that oughta work! Lemme give it a try --

Ohhh Yes!!!!!!! :-)

>Yep! Very kewel. That's a trick I hope I don't forget.
>
>Have we heard back from Bob (the original post) yet? I hope he catches
>this one.

This is absolutely phenomenal. I had used this one
on mouseStillDown
   set the loc of me to the mouseLoc
end mouseStillDown

And it allowed me to insert the textfield and then with the ctrl or right
mouse button move it, however every mistake with the right mouse button
would shift the field.

This way using the check for control button means that there is a more
"deliberate" action and is absolutely perfect.

Cheers
Bob