purging a stack: the third way has been found

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Jul 12 13:14:28 EDT 2004

Troy Rollins wrote:

> On Jul 12, 2004, at 12:37 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>
>> What would be the upside to optionally purging IDE extensions
>> ("plugins")?
>
> Just for plugins which are used on a temporary basis. Basically, if they
> show up in the App browser, I want them to go away when quit. If they
> don't show up in the app browser... well, I'm not sure what I'd want,
> since they could then be lurking about without my knowledge and
> potentially interfering with my own work inadvertently.

I would prefer to put the responsibility for that decision on the plugin
author.  If they don't need it to stay resident they should ship with
the destroyStack true.

If anything interferes with your work it should be reported to the
author and discarded until a version is available that doesn't have side
effects.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation