I am leaving for the summit.

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Mon Jul 12 11:23:33 EDT 2004

Hi Folks,

In five hours I'll catch a plane that will someday reach Monterey. I am
leaving early for I thought I would not spend a thousand dollars in a
flying ticket and stay there only for a couple days. One of the poetic
things about this summit is that it will be held some steps away from
the pacific ocean, and my house here in Brazil is a couple steps away
from the Atlantic ocean, I think I'll bottle some water and bring as a
souvenir.

The goodies I am carrying to the summit are:

the revHTTPd project with tons of new features including:
* New template engine, faster and easier to use.
* New cookie support.
* support for XML-RPC Server Side!!!!! yes, Remote Handler Calling!!!!

a library for XML-RPC Client side. Now we control both ends of the
string, both client and server are implemented, only missing thing is
non-keyedd array support, keyed arrays are working like structs and
working fine. Library will call the endpoint, retrieve the results,
parse and put it into the result! nice!!!

I'll bring iBlog as an example of XML-RPC savvy app. It's the blog
client I am testing now.
I'll also bring some applescripts xml-rpc files that DEMO the revHTTPd
xml-rpc support.

We now can make our apps interface with each other thru networks and
with other apps implemented in other languages thanks to the XML-RPC
spec. To call a XML-RPC endpoint you use only one handler. To serve you
use none, the HTTPd Backscript will take care of serving your methods.
Seeing is beliving!

By the time you folks arrive in Monterey, I'll be already a local...
I've got four days advantage to find the best place to eat.

cheers see you soon!!!
Andre

PS: I'll not enable auto responders or my mail.app and kozlowski we'll
start a duet....
I can be reach at soapdog at mac.com and agarzia at gmail.com (only if I find
a starbucks there, my laptop is broken)

--