move textbox script

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Sun Jul 11 16:15:57 EDT 2004

On Sun Jul 11, Bob Hartley bob at armbase.com wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I've been trying things for the last 3 hours on this one command and cant
> seem to manage it.
>
> I want to take an object (text field) in this type of app and move it to
> another location in the same flatfile.
> see http://www.gla.ac.uk/~rh82p/ide.jpg
>
> I used the grab command but it didn't work.
>
> (snip)

What the Transcript Dictionary does not mention under "grab" is that you
have to set the locktext property of the field to true to be able to
drag the textfield around.

The intention of the grab command is indeed to avoid all sorts of
workarounds with mousestilldown, mouseloc etc. etc.

My sample stack "Seminar01" on page "Samples and Tools for Development"
contains examples and various scripts for dragging fields and other
objects using the "grab" command; see URL below.

--Wilhelm Sanke
http://www.sanke.org