SQL question

hershbp at verizon.net hershbp at verizon.net
Sun Jul 11 15:48:04 EDT 2004

HI ,
How do I "INSERT" A SQL statement and return some of  the record or
field info  immediately ?
I'll try to elaborate. A database app. running many clients, I create a
new record and want to get the primary key of that newly created
record. If I'll do an "INSERT" and then go the last record via "SELECT"
then between the INSERT and the SELECT somebody else from a different
location can insert a new record then when I do the select to get the
last as mentioned above I'll get the wrong pk. How do I overcome that ?
Thanks , Hershel.