move textbox script

Bob Hartley bob at armbase.com
Sun Jul 11 11:53:19 EDT 2004

Hi all.

I've been trying things for the last 3 hours on this one command and cant
seem to manage it.

I want to take an object (text field) in this type of app and move it to
another location in the same flatfile.
see http://www.gla.ac.uk/~rh82p/ide.jpg

I used the grab command but it didn't work.

I then tried to find the info in the docs and got this (after an hour)

on mousedown
   if the location of button 3 is within the rect of testfield then selectIt
   set the location of this card to the mouseLoc
end mousedown

Then I tried this but could not even apply it
on mouseup
   move field "testfield" to the mouseLocation in 30 ticks
end mouseup

yet it was in the doc's

And tried
on mousedown
   move field "testfield" to the mouseLocation in 30 ticks
end mousedown

Marianne suggested the person add in the coordinates with
repeat with j = 1 to the number of buttons
    Ask "Desired vertical"
    put it into v

    Ask "Desired horizontal"
    put it into h

    set the loc of btn j to v, h
end repeat

This is useable but I really need to be able to drag the textbox and let it
go in the desired position. Note: I can do this but I want the recipient to
do this and they will not have runrev. I know I then need to put things in
a datafield but I wanted to test the script one thing at a time. :-)

All I want to do it click on a text field and have it move to where I drag it.

Cheers
Bob; pulling what little hair he has, out. :-)