Bringing some Game Sounds into Rev

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Sat Jul 10 20:20:31 EDT 2004

Hi Kurt,

On Jul 10, 2004, at 9:00 AM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com
wrote:

> Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 09:31:04 -0400
> From: Kurt Kaufman <kkaufman at snet.net>
> Subject: Re: Bringing some Game Sounds into Rev
>

> Then again, to do a
> lot of live MIDI data entry, a true external MIDI keyboard is probably
> best.
===========
I've been building an onscreen MIDI keyboard in SuperCard, mainly as
adaptiveWare. It uses one of Nigel Redmon's (HyperMIDI for those who
remember) externals called QuickNotes, which works out of the data
fork, and isn't useable with Rev AFAIK. With the mouse held down, you
can drag it over the keys in my model, and they hilite and play in
realtime exactly as if you were playing a real keyboard.

It would be very useful to me if we could do that in Rev, but I just
don't think it's possible, is it?

TIA,
Ken N.