Using AppleScript to modify stacks

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Jul 10 13:16:36 EDT 2004

Kaveh Bazargan wrote:

> I need to send a message from Terminal to a stack, when a process is
> finished, so that the stack can start another job. For instance I want the
> hilite of a button to be set to true. Can I do this with AppleScript, and
> if so where can I find documentation?

Looking at Rev's AppleScript dictionary with Apple's AppleScript editor
you'll find "do script" and "evaluate" are provided, which can provide
the key to almost any behavior you want.

The "do script" command can be used to trigger custom handlers in your
standalone, or just about anything else that could be done internally
with the "do" command.

"evaluate" operates like a Transcript function: it evaluates a
Transcript expression and returns the result.

Experiment with those and I think you may be pleased with what you can do.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation