Documentation & Books OT

Marty Billingsley marty at vertex.ucls.uchicago.edu
Sat Jul 10 09:35:03 EDT 2004

Kurt Kaufman <kkaufman at snet.net> writes

> The music notation program "Finale" has a rather steep learning curve
> and many, many tools that do very specific things in terms of notation,
> precise page layout and symbol design.  In the latest release there are
> included a dozen or so "Flash" movies that a geared towards the new
> user, and are task-oriented, i.e. "setting up a document; entering
> notes; editing notes; adding a staff; printing parts", etc.  This same
> sort of Quickstart video tutorial might be useful for beginners where
> Revolution is concerned.
> The movies might be included with the product, or could be a separate
> download (Flash movies are not generally large files compared to
> video)- and new users who are non-programmers could be especially
> encouraged to view them.

One of the best tutorial web sites I've seen is Atomic Learning, which
has video tutorials on many common desktop programs (word, excel,
dreamweaver, flash, etc.).  The tutorials are terrific and would be
a good model to work from in creating a set for Rev.

It's subscription-based, but you can look at some tutorials for free.
http://www.atomiclearning.com

  - marty