Documentation & Books OT

Kurt Kaufman kkaufman at snet.net
Fri Jul 9 21:37:05 EDT 2004

I thought I had already posted the following to the list, but I'm not
sure I ended up sending it....anyway:

The music notation program "Finale" has a rather steep learning curve
and many, many tools that do very specific things in terms of notation,
precise page layout and symbol design.  In the latest release there are
included a dozen or so "Flash" movies that a geared towards the new
user, and are task-oriented, i.e. "setting up a document; entering
notes; editing notes; adding a staff; printing parts", etc.  This same
sort of Quickstart video tutorial might be useful for beginners where
Revolution is concerned.
The movies might be included with the product, or could be a separate
download (Flash movies are not generally large files compared to
video)- and new users who are non-programmers could be especially
encouraged to view them.

KK