Shell $PATH problems

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Fri Jul 9 15:11:55 EDT 2004

On Jul 9, 2004, at 12:04 PM, Kaveh Bazargan wrote:

> It's bash, which I think is default for Panther, but the path is not
> the
> same as Terminal. Here's the response to  put shell("echo $SHELL; echo
> $PATH"):
>
> /bin/bash
> /usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/Users/kaveh

Sorry.  It was right in front of me.

(It does look like we found a bug not directly related to your problem.
  My shellCommand property is "/bin/sh", but bash is run in my shell(),
too.)

I'm naive in Unix.

 From my Terminal I get this:
echo $PATH
/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin

 From shell() on Rev 2.2 I get this:
/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/Users/dar

I'd look in /etc/bashrc and in .profile, too.  There might be other
files.  I don't get the long $PATH in Terminal.  Maybe some installers
put them in .profile or other file.

Dar Scott