Call for Tutorial Topics

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Fri Jul 9 02:30:55 EDT 2004

I just posted another response elsewhere about this. The key is to use
the Kensington "High Speed" serial adapter. It is the only one that
works reliably. Once that is used the USB port is actually now a
"Serial" port and the device connected will receive "serial" commands
as normal. I do this with Virtual PC on OSX and with my GPS, Telescope
(Meade), Cell phone, MacBrick computer controller, etc.

There was some problem that I can't remember using Sarah's Serial Stack
with my MacBrick IO board. I think it was a time out issue waiting for
a response. I got away from it and never got back.

I am interested in the Mindstorm kit/solution as well, especially since
they now have a mac software component. The mac software is from the
classroom lab software if others are interested. I can get the web
address.
I would love to be in the loop on this one.

Tom