Problems with printing graphics with patterns

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Jul 9 00:58:47 EDT 2004

On 7/8/04 1:33 AM, Greg McIlhiney wrote:

> Any pattern that I select displays perfectly on the screen.
>
> But when I print the card, the rect is very dark gray. There's a pattern
> in it but it does not resemble the selected pattern.
>
> Now I've tried almost every thing I can think of to work/test around
> this. I've made and imported my own pattern, I've copied the original
> metacard pattern into the main stack, played with printing properties, etc.
>
> Seems like a pretty simple procedure... the steps above should produce
> decent printed output, right? My system is:
>
> a Mac G4, 10.3.4
> Lexmark Laser printer
> eval version of rev 2.2.1

The most common problem with printouts like this involves the printer
driver. Try downloading the latest driver from Lexmark if you don't have
it already. Alternately, try printing to a different printer to see if
it works there.

You might also try specifically setting the backcolor of the stack to
"white", even though visually it may appear to be white already.

> Here is another oddity, which seems extremely bizarre to me... If I take
> a screen capture of the native rev graphic rectangle and then paste that
> bitmap next to the graphic with a pattern, THEN it prints properly.
> Remove the bitmap and the printing reverts back to the weird dark gray
> thing.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean here; do you place the screen capture
over the original rectangle, or somewhere next to it? If over, then it
makes some sense because the engine would be printing an image in that
case rather than a composite of fields and patterns.

I'd try the driver update first. Rev demands a lot from printer drivers.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com