Call for Tutorial Topics

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Thu Jul 8 22:17:07 EDT 2004

Hi Dan,

HyperCard came with a bunch of starter stacks accessible through the
Home stack. The most interesting for me as a newbie were in the "Stack
kit" section, especially "Stack templates", "Readymade buttons",
"Readymade fields" and even "Background art". This meant that with only
copy & paste, I could quickly build a functional stack.

After that, I started editing the scripts to make the stacks more the
way I wanted them, but it is always easier to start by modifying rather
than by creating from scratch.

I think this has been suggested before, but for my money, a "Stack kit"
with plenty of well commented examples, would be a great way to
introduce newbies to Revolution.

Cheers,
Sarah