Documentation & Books

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Thu Jul 8 16:50:38 EDT 2004

Nice idea, Jim. I've downloaded it and I'll go through it over the next
few days.

Many years ago there was a book (actually a mini-series) called
"Programming for Poets" that taught fundamental programming to
right-brain types, avoiding math almost completely and focusing a great
deal on string processing. This was well before the days of the GUI or
graphical IDE. I have obtained the rights to revise that book for the
Rev audience but, frankly, the response to my book and other offerings
so far has been disappointingly small, so I haven't had the incentive
to go do that.

But adapting popular and usable texts to use Rev would be a potentially
fruitful ground to explore if the market were big enough, I suspect.

Dan