Documentation & Books

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Wed Jul 7 16:59:19 EDT 2004

Richard-

RG> If someone has a question about arrays I'm happy to help. I learned
RG> about them by making a stack, trying things out, making a lot of
RG> mistakes, then tweaking my scripts until they did what I expected.  In
RG> other words, I did what most programmers do to learn most things.

...and no amount of documentation is going to be a substitute for
going out and making your own mistakes. It's the best way to learn. I
wasn't making a point about arrays in particular here, more about the
difficulty of zeroing in on a specific item.

RG> Just the same, if I can help people have a gentler learning experience
RG> I'm happy to help.  When learning a new tool, most programmers I know
RG> ask one question first:  "Where's the list?"

I know this pops up every so often around here and I hate to chime in
with a "me, too", but this list is an absolutely invaluable resource.
My thanks to all the seasoned programmers who lend the voice of
experience, the whiners who manage to get things pushed forward, and
the newbies who ask the dumb questions I wish I'd asked. I'd *really*
be floundering without this list.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net