Documentation & Books

Marian Petrides mpetrides at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 7 16:55:55 EDT 2004

Judy

Try thinking of arrays this way.

A one-dimensional array is simply a list, eg a list (or column) of
phone numbers without any way of determining whose name goes with a
number.

A two-dimensional array is kinda like a spreadsheet, in which the
number is described as the intersection of person's name (row) and
phone number (column).

A three-dimensional array would then be akin to a file containing
multiple spreadsheets, one for each town in the county.  A phone number
would then be described as the intersection of  person's name (row),
phone number (column) and town name (which town's spreadsheet contains
the data).

To give you the specifics as applies to Rev, I will have to hunt
through the dox for the scattered how to references on arrays, since I
haven't yet tackled this in Rev (I've been able to get by with the
simple expedient of storing one or even two dimensional arrays in a
field--in a manner similar to that described above.)

Does that help at all or is it way more basic than you needed?