Documentation & Books

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Wed Jul 7 16:02:14 EDT 2004

Well, I've pulled up a bunch of the text from the online docs and looked
them over, saved them in an RTF doc.. (which I just found while looking to
see if I have my "intro to Rev" handout on the department server... alas,
I did not).

Here's my real problem:  I barely got a "D" in the linear algebra class
that dealt with matrices (which I am assuming is similar if not identical
to arrays).

So, I am clueless.  I am one step ahead of a newbie who has never heard
the term before (and, hence, wouldn't know to search for it, much less
know what to do with any results) in that I think I have a vague idea of
what it is and what it can be used to do (for example, keep track of
character stats in a game, including previous locations in which something
interesting was revealed or for the purposes of map revelations/display
and the like) but that's about it.  I read the docs and still cannot
proceed to step 1 (or, is that, step 0?).  I suspect it could also be used
to generate displays for a game such that one wouldn't need a separate
card for each location.

So, what I do is use a bunch of global variables to keep track of these
things (and, one card for every display).  I'm perhaps aware that this is
not the best way to do such things, but it is the way I CAN do such
things.

Judy