Overlapping audio

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Tue Jul 6 15:11:54 EDT 2004

Hi Troy,

> On Jul 6, 2004, at 3:00 PM, Klaus Major wrote:
>
>> I think the term "player" is heavily misunderstood, since players do
>> not rely PER SE on quicktime!!!
>> But "players" in RR are almost always associated with QT, which is
>> not correct!!!
>>
>> If QT is not present or you have "set the dontuseqt to true" you can
>> still have several sound
>> play at the same time, but only if you use "player"-objects!
>
> Thank you Klaus. As you guessed, that is news to me.  ;-)

Glad to hear it helped you...

Spread the word! ;-)

Its the UI that causes this misunderstanding!

Menu:
File -> New referenced control... -> Quicktime-Supported file...

Hmmm ;-)

Addition:
In my tests almost any file playable in the WinMediaPlayer will be
playable
via "players" in RR without QT...

Audio:
wav
aif
au
mp3

Video:
avi (even DivX, if installed)
mpg

The different stremaing formats are not supported unfortunately:
wmv
wma
asf
etc...