Dynamic menubar menus in OSX

Howard Bornstein bornstein at designeq.com
Tue Jul 6 00:06:22 EDT 2004

On Jul 5, 2004, at 7:34 PM, Sarah Reichelt wrote:

> When using Mac menus, any mouseDown handlers for setting the menus
> need to be in the menu bar script, rather than in the menu buttons
> themselves.

Thanks, Sarah. I did finally find this note: "Cross-platform note:  On
Mac OS and OS X systems, when opening a menu-bar menu, the mouseDown
message is sent to the button's group, not to the button itself. Place
the handler in the menubar group's script."  Unfortunately, it wasn't
in the main section on Menus where it specifies putting the handler in
the Button script.

Sigh. This could have been clearer.

Regards,

Howard Bornstein