Executing shell commands (OS X)

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Mon Jul 5 19:41:16 EDT 2004

You don't need to use AppleScript to run Terminal commands in OS X, you
can do it directly from Revolution.
Check out the shellCommand property & shell function. To do what you
suggest below, try something like this:

set the shellCommand to "/bin/sh/bash"
get shell("cd ELS/els-xml")
get shell("make viewpdf")

Doing it this way will not actually involve the Terminal application,
so no extra windows will be opened.

Cheers,
Sarah