RTF mode for fields?

John Rule johnrule at rcsprogramming.com
Sat Jul 3 08:29:50 EDT 2004

> RR says that since the engine supports
> styled text, the current behavior is appropriate

I discovered that part of the problem is the conversion of certain
characters (quotation marks for one) when pasting from (example) Notepad
into a stack field. The quotation marks are sometimes converted to
non-standard characters...

This now reminds me of another text pasting problem I was having with custom
properties. Pasting text into the contents field for a custom property was
consistently stripping characters form my text. Mostly the semi-colon ";" (I
was pasting JavaScript code). I had to manually input all of my line
terminators (pretty annoying) every time I pasted. Maybe this is used as
some internal delimiter?

Windows XP
2.5 engine

JR

> Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2004 00:21:56 -0500
> From: "J. Landman Gay" <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>
> Subject: Re: RTF mode for fields?
> To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>
> On 7/2/04 4:49 PM, John Rule wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to 'permanently' make a field text only? I am finding
that no
> > matter what I do, when I paste text into a field from (example) NotePad
or
> > WordPad (and the document is text only), the field in my stack contains
RTF