My Simple database; the series.....

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Sat Jul 3 06:35:31 EDT 2004

Hi Bob,

> Hi All.
>
> I have been reading the debates on the documentation and I think there
> is a wee total beginers gap to be filled.
> Well not actually filled because I think Dan's book covers this
> fantastically.
> But for those interested, I think I will write a short article on
> making a simple database that loads and saves data
> from a TSV. This is from a total beginners point of view.

I've done this before and it works just fine with up to 100000 lines of
text (a 17 MB text-file in my tests),
as long as you use a ONE card layout... And it is FAST, took 3 secs to
load on my 1 GHZ Mac  :-)

It is said that converting the data into an array would speed up things
again, had no time to test that so far...

> If you would be interested in helping with advice could you please
> mail me or better still post here.

I would be glad to help! :-)

Just drop a line...

> I intent to have the series called MyDB...then the section.
> IE article 1 is MyDB... the layout. I'm off to revjournal to let them
> know.
>
> All the best
> Bob

Regards