Standalone builder 2.2

Graham Samuel graham.samuel at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Jul 2 17:37:20 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 16:14:41 +1000, Sarah Reichelt
<sarahr at genesearch.com.au> wrote:

>[snip]

>After a tip from
>Monte, I have changed all my splash screen stacks so that they only
>move to the next stack automatically from a "startup" handler.

Funny, I never knew any other method - I don't say this with a sense of
superiority but simply that I don't know how else to do it. All my
intialisation is done in a "startup" handler, and testing in the IDE
usually starts by opening the splash screen and typing

  send "startup" to this stack

into the message box. I am intrigued to know how else other people have
been doing this - maybe by using an "openStack" handler in the splash?

>Icons: (sorry - OS X only)
>There are some great collections of icons available on the net if you
>look around (www.xicons.com is my fav) but they are not in a form that
>can be specified in the standalone settings for automatic use in your
>app. You can use them by copying & pasting from the get info window. If
>you want to convert them to a .icns file for use by Rev's builder, I
>suggest Iconographer <http://www.mscape.com/products/iconographer.html>
>which can open the downloaded icon files and save them as .icns files.
>
>I hope this information is useful and if anyone has info on the best
>way to produce icon files for Windows & Mac OS 9, I would be very
>interested to here it.

I've built some good OS9 and Windows XP icons with Iconographer itself. It
seems well aware of the formats.

HTH

Graham