21 years ahead in math and blocked by a stupid field display bug?

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Thu Jul 1 11:23:54 EDT 2004

Hi everyone,

Im about to bring RR 21 years ahead of history:

Apparently it will take until 2025 to discover a prime number
with 1,000,000,000 digits.

http://www.utm.edu/research/primes/notes/by_year.html

I found a way to generate this BUT...

if I display a just a 100 digits number the field which has its
dontwrap set to false persist in not wrapping this number! EVERY
other program I can paste this number into will wrap the number
correctly but not RunRev...

So am I supposed to do this manually by inserting spaces in between
and look stupid in front of the scientific community?

I know I can save the number in a file and not say with what
progam I did it. But that would not be a good thing for RR...

Last but not least, I expect RR to crash by the time I get to some
2^16 digits... I reported this limit a couple years ago but
it's probably still not fixed... And naturally saving it each time
is time consuming when you want to "display" this number and make
RR famous...

Has anyone got a solution? put spaces in the number? pffff...

Anyone's solution is welcome! number formating? sure!

Testing the number for primality is left as an excercise in case that was
your question! I assert that it is but dont have the computer power to
prove so - RR needs a bit more optimization, multithreading to work out a
network distributed processor for that!

Nothing RR can do is it? ;)

No, I dont want to deal with C nor can I afford mathematica...

A file based stack is coming tonite anyway!

cheers
Xavier