exe blocking

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com
Thu Jul 1 03:50:52 EDT 2004

At 1:01 AM -0500 7/1/2004, Ken Ray wrote:
>You could try changing the extension from .exe to .bbb or something and tell
>them to change the extension after they've retrieved it. I'd suggest zipping

That's one possiblity, but if John's phrase "brought out the
sledgehammer" implies what I think it does, he might have some
trouble with the admins if they realize he's shipping exes around via
the back door. (Depending on how paranoid they are, it's not hard to
monitor the email for things that look like large binary files.)

Also, it sounds from what he says as though they may already *be*
blocking all large binaries - changing the extension to .doc didn't
get it through.

I think it's probably simpler to get some FTP space somewhere and
email the link.
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ jaed at jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com