Movie question

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Sat Jan 31 13:46:22 EST 2004

On Jan 31, 2004, at 11:40 AM, Yves COPPE wrote:
> I'm waiting impatiently...
>
> will it be possible to extract the first image of a quickTime
> file(knowing the filepath to the file) without having to display it
> first ?
>
> and then display the image in a image control

Yes but right now you have to save the extracted file somewhere on the
computer and then load that image into the image control.

I have a function which puts the image into a variable that you can
assign to the imageData of a control (thus saving you the step of
saving to the harddrive) but there is a bug that I haven't been able to
figure out yet which gets the image dimensions incorrect and distorts
the image when it is displayed in Rev.  The source code will be
available if anyone wants to tinker with it and figure out what is
going on.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia