Error Trapping for Linux Process

Bojsza gbojsza at mac.com
Fri Jan 30 15:45:27 EST 2004

I am reading from a process that can be user terminated or will
automatically terminate once complete.

In the latter I need to be able to trap the Error Revolution generates
when it suddenly can no longer read from this process.

The example is where it continually reads 5 lines, puts them in a field
and sends a update message to itself to read the next 5 lines. If it
has read the last 3 lines and suddenly the process terminates, I want
to put the last three lines in the field but know that the process has
terminated and give the user a message.

Hope this makes sense.

thanks,

Glen