web cam capture

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Fri Jan 30 10:37:03 EST 2004

doug,

The video capabilities were camera independent so "IF" the camera can
be accessed by 'other' programs it probably can be accessed by REV. In
the case of iSight which apple says is not meant to be accessed by
other apps, REV can see it just fine AND control all kinds of features
in it that can't even be controlled by apples own apps.

So if the driver for the camera is 'standard' enough to work in say
"oculus" or some other web app then REV can definitely handle it.

I had great results after playing around with it a little bit.

tom