A Positioning Mystery

Graham Samuel livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Jan 29 18:41:42 EST 2004

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 13:06:55 -0700, Rob Cozens <rcozens at pon.net> wrote:

>>I'm sure you already know that
>>setting the lockloc of the grp to true keeps the group from resizing on the
>>card.
>
>I do now, Chipp; but it would never have occurred to me there was an
>issue to deal with until I learned group location depends, in part,
>on which controls are visible.

Actually I found out recently that setting the lockLoc isn't the
whole story. It is possible to get strange things to happen to groups
even if the lockLoc is set, apparently if any part of the group has
had its shape altered by script since it was initially grouped. One
way to do this is to edit an unrelated group on the same card. This
is IMO a bug, but one too obscure to add to Bugzilla, at least in the
medium term.

Graham