multiple instances of standalone under Windows

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Thu Jan 29 15:58:53 EST 2004

Hi Chris,

Not sure if this will help, but you might check out:

http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/utilities.shtml

there are a number of process utilities there.

We've had some discussions on this list before, and the short answer is "not
easily." You can do things like write a file when you open and delete it
when you close --then check to see if it is there when it launches again,
but this has obvious problems.

Another idea was some sort of intra-application communication. Embed a small
server on your app and ping to see if it's around when it opens -- if true,
then you know somehthings there --still a headache.

Good luck,

best,

Chipp