A Positioning Mystery

Frank Leahy frank at backtalk.com
Thu Jan 29 15:26:10 EST 2004

Rob,

When you move an object in a group, the bounding rect of the group will
change, which is what may be affecting you.

If you have geometry on for any of the items in the group, I highly
recommend you turn them off and do the resizing yourself.  It won't
take much code to write it yourself, and you won't have any funny
side-effects.  Go through each item and make sure the geometry is off
by clicking both the "scale selected object" and "position selected
object" buttons, and then go back and it again, because I've seen them
stay on even when you set them off.

I did this, and I've been happier ever since.  Personally I don't trust
the geometry at all, unless it's position by, or a line that's scaling
horizontally.  For groups, forget it.

Good luck,

-- Frank