A Positioning Mystery

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Thu Jan 29 13:48:38 EST 2004

>The rect (and therefore the loc) of a group changes every time the
>visible property of a group control with part of its rect outside
>that of any other group control is changed.

Eureka!

If I ...

	lock screen
	show [a control whose rect encompasses all other controls in the group]
	set the loc of [the group]
	hide [a control whose rect encompasses all other controls in the group]
	[rest of resize statements]
	unlock screen

all is well.

However, I'm pretty sure the animation played a part too, as the
animated image (after animation) has the same rect as the button
shown & hidden above; so I'm classifying this as a double mystery:

1. The animation caused a change in the position of the animated
image relative to the other controls in the same group.

2. When the animated image was removed from the group, the second bug bit.

...solved [or explained: I see the workaround and group locs changing
with control visibility changes as "Mickey Mouse"] with a little help
from my friends.   :{`)
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company