Control Rev App from web?

michael jackass at bestweb.net
Wed Jan 28 17:40:53 EST 2004

Hi, I just discovered Revolution and am in the midst of learning all
about it.
I have a project being planned out and I think Rev might be perfect for it.

I know you can display web or ftp contentm and I did see a web browser
stack somewhere out there that would use the end-users default browser
or a specified one...  I need to have an integrated web browser in my
app.  So this leads me to my question.

Can controls be embedded in a web page to command  an apps stacks/cards
to launch? I am assuming yes, and will continue to research..  An
example would be,  prompting a media file linked on web to play in the
apps own player.  Or would I need to pull the links to the media file
located either on remote server or local.... using a card field or some
other relevent approach?

Thanks!!

Babble_Out-  I am a php/perl/javascript/html guy and this is my first
venture into making apps other than stuff in Flash and Director.  My
apps must work on all possible platforms, which led me to find
Revolution.  Not only does it do this, which I think is incredible since
there are a plethora of authoring/programming software out there that
cannot do this.   I was going to dive into C++ but dont necessarily have
the time or patience to do that right now.  Rev, I am hoping, is my
solution.