"directory" ("defaultFolder") question...

Dom mcdomi at free.fr
Wed Jan 28 08:46:08 EST 2004

A came across an odd problem with "the directory" global...

I am writing an utility to gather the scripts of a stack under text
files, parsed in folders according to cards, groups...

I am using extensively the "set the directory to thePath" command in
order to achieve this.

With "card 1", all is OK.
Directory set to the folder containing the text files.

Another folder within the first one, for card 1 scripts.
Directory set for this folder.

Another folder within card 1 scripts folder, to accommodate group 1
scripts. Directory set for this folder.

Back to the first folder, set the directory.

Go card 2.

Set the directory for the folder with card 2 scripts: doesn't work!
After peeking the doc, the reason seems to be 'error on setting the
directory, folder doesn't exist!'

After verifyind ad re-verifying, I moved the "set the directory" command
AFTER the "go card 2" command... and that works!

Question: how, going from card 1 to card 2, this can interfere with
"the directory" ???

In fact, the directory seems to be reset to the folder containing the
stack being parsed...
(the default stack being placed on this stack, not the utility)

--
Digital photos (nature, garden) : http://cooldomi.free.fr/
Scripting : http://domiscript.free.fr/