Sudden slowdown... - solved - but why?

Doug Lerner doug at webcrossing.com
Mon Jan 26 20:13:31 EST 2004

I figured out the cause. I had been logging stuff into a field in a
particular substack and had been saving that substack too. I cleared out the
field and it sped up again.

But...why would the presence of a field with a few million characters in it
slow down the interaction of the entire application?

doug