geometry-challenged

Jim Lyons jimlyons at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 26 06:57:50 EST 2004

Jim Hurley wrote in part:

> I'm not sure if this helps, but the function "intersection" below
> will return the intersection of any two lines.
>
> function intersection p1,p2,pp1,pp2
>
>     return x & comma & y
> end intersection

Someone already pointed out that this function as written still allows
one divide by zero case. But I noticed in this function, and in your
Scripters Scrapbook, that you still use the old HC form of returning a
point. There's probably not much difference execution-wise, but I like
the elegant Transcript comma operator, which lets us just write

     return x,y

Happy Transcripting,

Jim Lyons