What is Rev doing?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Mon Jan 26 03:37:41 EST 2004

>> How many people use this method for editing scripts? I used to a lot,
>> but not so much anymore. Would it be as useful if it were something
>> like command-option-space instead?

> a simple click event like good old times would do...

I don't know if there's already a key/click option to edit scripts in Rev,
but at the risk of beating, flogging or otherwise maiming a dead horse, I
place the following in the stack script of almost everything I do since I
also work in MetaCard's IDE:

 on editScript?
   if the optionKey is "down" then
     edit script of the target
     exit to top
   end if
 end editScript?

In each object whose script I need to access, I add "editScript?" at the top
of a mouseUp or mouseDown handler.  This way I can edit object scripts
without switching to the pointer tool, even in palette/modal/etc windows.
When I want to disable this method of editing, I simply comment out the
handler's 4 lines in the stack script.

Other folks have created tools that allow you to do the same (I believe
Geoff Canyon's Navigator is one), but this is another option, FWIW...

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Development & Design